What Is a snickerdoodle?
chewy snickerdoodle recipe Basically, it is just a sugar cookie that is sugar wrapped in cinnamon before baking.
Snycroldels usually include tartar cream as a fermentation ferment, with a crusty cover and a rubber feel.
I’ve seen some pictures on the web of snickerdoodles that are longer and longer-looking, but I think they should be flat and chewed.
What happens with the name chewy snickerdoodle recipe?
The origin of the name snickerdoodle seems to be a little ambiguous, but the Joy of the Kitchen says: “The snickerdoodles are probably of German origin, and the name is a corruption of the German word Schneckennudeln, which means” miniature ball of dough “.
Other sources say that it’s just a funny and meaningless name. Who knows?
In any case, they are very easy to do and I have never met someone who did not like it.
Ingredients Of chewy snickerdoodle recipe
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- The ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup of neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup bread flour
- 1 cup of multi-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of lime cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup of granulated sugar (for coating).
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for coating)
How To Make Chewy Snickerdoodles Step By Step
- In a permanent electric mixer with a racket attachment, add brown sugar, butter, and granulated sugar and mix over medium heat until light and thin, about 4 minutes. With the mixer low, add the eggs one by one and take time to mix the first completely before adding the second. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the container to make sure everything is merged. Add the oil and vanilla and mix for 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix bread flour, multipurpose flour, lime cream, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the butter and stir until the flour disappears. Wrap well and put in the refrigerator for several hours, or even fixed.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and cover several baking sheets with a parchment paper. Make sure that the grill is in the top third of the oven, at least 6 inches from the heat source. This is where you can cook cookies.
- To make the cookie coating, in a small bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll 1 cup of dough (with a cookie spoon, if you have one) into a nice ball. Give the dough ball a generous layer of the cinnamon mixture and place it on the baking sheet, leaving two inches between the dough balls.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the top third of the oven for 11 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then pass them to the shelf.