What is shrikhand?
Shrikhand Recipe or Amrakhand Recipe : This is a traditional sweet in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is also known as “Matho”. It is made of curd/yogurt and sugar suspense or suspense. The chopped nuts are also added.
Shrikhand has a thick consistency, creamy and smooth. It’s rich and sweet. Each person will need a very small bowl (Katori small) of quantity.
Ingredients Of Shrikhand Recipe:
- 2 cups of curd/yogurt, thick and fresh
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of saffron water
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped almonds,
- 1 teaspoon of chopped pistachios,
How to make shrikhand recipe step by step
- First, let’s prepare for curd. Take a deep pot and filtered. Select the vessel or deep jar so that the filter does not touch the liquid being collected in the container.
- Place a gauze cloth, a man’s napkin or a clean cotton cloth on the filter.
- Add natural yogurt in the prepared colander
- Gather the edges of the fabric and, if you squeeze it lightly, you will notice that the serum/liquid drips.
- Tie up the edges of the cloth.
- We just prepared it and you will see that the liquid is already accumulating in the container. Now keep all this in the refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours. You can keep it overnight too.
- After 5 hours, all liquid/serum has been drained. You will stay with very thick yogurt, also hung of curd or chakka.
- You can use this collected serum to knead the chapati dough or add the dal/curry/soup.
- Now crush the saffron in mortar and pestle. It also heats the milk in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add the crushed saffron in the warm milk and stir. As the milk was warm, the saffron will infuse its color immediately.
- Take the curd hung in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar. We are grinding sugar in powder form and then we use it in the recipe. This will dissolve quickly.
- Also, add saffron milk.
- Stir well using a spoon until everything is well incorporated. Make sure there are no lumps. Do not mix or stir vigorously, otherwise, you will end up with a thin and liquid shrikhand consistency. We want nice and thick.
- Now add cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
- Stir well to combine.
Shrikhand is ready to serve. If it is not serving right away, keep it cold in the refrigerator. After some time, saffron will infuse its flavor more and more. So I suggest that you do it in advance and keep refrigerated until the time of delivery.
If it is manufactured in greater quantity, it can be difficult or difficult to combine thick yogurt and sugar.
If so, follow this method of my grandmother: take a strainer or a sieve, take the approximately ½ cup of thick and strained yogurt along with a couple of tablespoons of sugar. With a spoon, keep mixing, crushing and passing this mixture through the strainer or sieve. Repeat the same with the rest of the yogurt and sugar. In this way, everything will combine well without ruining the consistency of shrikhand.
So we hope you like the Shrikhand recipe and we believe you will make it with your family and friends. If you try it once then we are sure you will love it.
Because Shrikhand Recipe mainly uses at the time Janmasthami when Lord Shri Krishna birthday is celebrated all over the world. People enjoy this day as a festival and Make Shrikhand recipe to make Shri Krishna Happy.
If you have any doubts regarding Shrikhand Recipe then please comment down below or contact us by going to contact us form. We will try to help you.